You are not logged in - Please Log in or Register as a user to access additional features & benefits
www.rac.org.za Forum Index www.rac.org.za
RAC - Residents Against Crime!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register as a userRegister as a user 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRAIGAVON COMMUNITY CRIME NEWS no 25 of 2009

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craigavon Community WCCA
Craigavon

In which Suburb do you live? (This is very important for the correct User Group allocation): Craigavon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: CRAIGAVON COMMUNITY CRIME NEWS no 25 of 2009 Reply with quote

Digest Extract: This is the latest Crime newsletter from the Craigavon Community WCCA...

CRAIGAVON COMMUNITY CRIME NEWS no 25 of 2009

CRIME ALERT FOR CRAIGAVON TODAY

Hi to all. ~ Please be advised.

A Grey Toyota Corolla with 4 Suspects - approached a complex now, and informed the guard that they are here to read water meters.

False False False.

They are Thugs. Guard refused them entry and they became abusive and threatening.

This occurred in Craigavon along PERM Road.

Registration is:

VHH 852 GP. A NEW Grey Toyota Corolla.
If seen call SAPS 10111 and Proforce Control Room 0861776367

Regards
Darryn

Douglasdale SAPS crime Overview, concerning our area

Burglary Residential - Broadacres, Craigavon, Fourways - Duff, Inchanga, Pine, Poplar,Albatross, and Macbeth Street.

Burglary Business - Broadacres, Fourways Boulevard,Kyasands.

Theft out of motor vehicles - Douglasdale - Douglas Drive.

Theft of Motor vehicles - Fourways, William Nicol Road,Craigavon - Campbell, Cedar Road, Fourways Boulevard and Nerina Place.

Armed Robberies - Fourways Boulevard.

House Robberies - Chartwell, Meadowhurst, Sharonlea.

Business Robberies - No Reports.

Hijackings - No Reports.

I had a report from a client in the Randpark Ridge area:

Suspects attempted to gain entry to premises by pressing intercom and informed the domestic worker that they are from Pikitup and they want entry to verify Serial numbers on the Dustbins. Access was denied, suspects fled.

Please, inform, all staff working for you, when you, are expecting a visitor ,and give a full description of the visitor(a name would help) and include time when visitor is expected. Domestic Worker must inform you, if possible, when access is given to visitor and when visitor is leaving.

On a personal note

If you are doing Renovations ,for example, ask the Contractor for copy of Identification Documents for each and every worker that will be on your premises when renovations start. I find this helps when there is a theft/House Robbery/House Breakin at your home.

When Police/Detectives investigate, hand copies over to the Police for further investigation. I am not saying that the workers are suspect but people do tend to talk about work they have done for the day and the wrong person gathers all the information and commits the crime. This can help the Police investigate all leads.

Have a great weekend and be safe.

Regards
Darryn
Proforce

MODUS OPERANDI to be aware of

Recent break-ins (burglaries) in Craigavon have used a similar method on houses with wooden windows. They drill a really neat hole thru the wood frame and then use wire to get to the window latch and open your window this way.

The few facts that we have are that the houses are not alarmed (yet) and that it’s been in complexes that are still new and there are subcontractors on sight. Who knows whether it’s a specific installer, delivery person or what, but they must have had access to the house or been given inside info on which ones to “hit”. Please all residents with wooden windows bear this in mind.

This “syndicate” has used this method over some time now.

FROM COUNCILLOR MENDELSOHN

The prevailing levels of violent crime concerns all of us, whether as civilians or as policemen and policewomen; and in a democracy it is to be expected that people will wish to give expression to that concern.

As a community leader I have in the past few weeks been approached, on the one hand to organise, and on the other hand to participate in, something which will be meaningful as an expression of the community’s feelings.

By far the greater number of people prefer a Peace March as the way of expressing their feelings. It also carries the support of the Community Police Forum. I therefore bow to the will of the people. I have abandoned my plans, and I shall participate in the Peace March. I also encourage you to do so.

Please let us all congregate by 10h30 on Sunday, 20th September, 2009 at River Bend Junction (corner Witkoppen Road and Riverbend Road). The march is from there to Malibongwe Drive and back again, a distance of about 5 kilometres.

Yours truly,
Councillor John Mendelsohn

Advertisement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.rac.org.za Forum Index -> CRIME UPDATES! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: