You are not logged in - Please Log in or Register as a user to access additional features & benefits
www.rac.org.za Forum Index www.rac.org.za
RAC - Residents Against Crime!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register as a userRegister as a user 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Secondary School corner Bellairs Drive and Hyperion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.rac.org.za Forum Index -> Ward Council & Community News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RALF BITTKAU (WARD 101)
Gold User (>50 Posts)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: New Secondary School corner Bellairs Drive and Hyperion Reply with quote

Digest Extract: I would like to ask the community to come up with suggestions as to the name of the school. Suggestions should be lodged on the website...

New Secondary School corner Bellairs Drive and Hyperion

I have had a meeting with Fanie Maleka of Gauteng Department of education regarding our new Secondary school to be build at the corner of Bellairs Drive and Hyperion.

I would like to ask the community to come up with suggestions as to the name of the school.

Suggestions should be lodged on this website and we will then make a short list of the most popular names and at a public meeting the final vote will decide the name.

Regards

Cllr Ralf Bittkau

Cel: 083 508 8988
Tel: 011 462 4331

Ralf Bittkau
(Ward 101 Councillor)
083 508 8988 (Cell)
462 4331 (Home)
E-Mail: ralf@polka.co.za
Advertisement
New Page 1
Overyde
Bronze User (>5 Posts)

In which Suburb do you live? (This is very important for the correct User Group allocation): Northriding

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: High School Name Reply with quote

Digest Extract: I think "Bellair's High" has a kinda cool ring to it...

High School Name

I think "Bellair's High" has a kinda cool ring to it Wink

Ralf...why don't we really make you legendary and call it Bittkau High?
Laughing
RAC
Webmaster & Site Admin

In which Suburb do you live? (This is very important for the correct User Group allocation): Jukskei Park

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: RE: New Secondary School Reply with quote

Digest Extract: Name of School : > Saint Bellair's...

RE: New Secondary School

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 08 August 2008 04:38 PM
To: support@rac.org.za
Subject: RE: New Secondary School corner Bellairs Drive and Hyperion

Name of School : > Saint Bellair's

Kind regards
Louise Lawrance
Jukskei Park

Advertisement
RAC advert
RSS Security Service RSS on Facebook
RSS on Twitter
RSS on youtube
RAC
Webmaster & Site Admin

In which Suburb do you live? (This is very important for the correct User Group allocation): Jukskei Park

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: RE: New Secondary School Reply with quote

Digest Extract: Alternative names for the proposed secondary school:Northriding Secondary School, Northriding High School, Bellairs High...

From: Mervyn & Rosemary [mailto:m.r.panzera@iburst.co.za]
Sent: 11 August 2008 08:47 AM

Alternative names for the proposed secondary school:

Northriding Secondary School
Northriding High School
Bellairs High School
Bellairs Secondary School
Bellarion High School
Bellarion Secondary School

Regards,

Mervyn and Rosemary Panzera

RAC
Webmaster & Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: RE: New Secondary School Reply with quote

Digest Extract: I have not thought of a name for the school, but the first thing that comes to mind is - Oh no, the traffic...

Sent: 11 August 2008 09:02 AM

Hi,

I have not thought of a name for the school, but the first thing that comes to mind is - Oh no, the traffic. Those tiny little roads that are in such shocking condition can't cope with the traffic at present, I can't begin to imagine what it will be like with the school there. I already leave home in Honeydew at 06h15 in the morning to get my son to school on time at the Kings College in Bryanston. I travel down bellair. Nightmare if I go any later.

Thanks
Carol

Richards_Alice
Northriding

In which Suburb do you live? (This is very important for the correct User Group allocation): Northriding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: NEW HIGH SHOOL IN NORTH RIDING Reply with quote

Digest Extract: Please can we ensure that the school is NOT named after one of our "infamous" politicians or any one of the ANC dignatories as is the current fashion...

SCHOOL NAME : NORTH RIDING HIGH SCHOOL

Please can we ensure that the school is NOT named after one of our "infamous" politicians or any one of the ANC dignatories as is the current fashion, and at least identify with the suburb where it is situated.

Is there to be an upgrade of the two affected roads - Bellairs & Hyperion ? My experience of school mothers is that suddenly they forget all the road rules and lose any sense of consideration for other road users except themselves, when they drop off or collect their children.

Please can Ralph Bittkau lobby for some sort of off-road parking or drive-through for the all the mothers who will be picking up their "little dears", as well as the entrance not to on Bellairs Drive ( which carries too much traffic for a school entrance/exit ) and as far away from the intersection corner as possible.

Can we also move to have the bottom of Bellairs closed off where it crosses Pritchard Street in Johannesburg North, or alternatively the JRA installs traffic calming circles ?

The area will not be able to cope with the increased volume of traffic generated by the new school.

Alice Richards
Bellairs Drive
Advertisement
New Page 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.rac.org.za Forum Index -> Ward Council & Community News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: